1. The space forums use a separate registration system from the main virtual world. To comment on these forums, you need to create a separate forum account.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey there, if you want some direct help without hopping inworld - try our Discord channel at https://discord.gg/mptfycQ
    Dismiss Notice

Welcome Area ideas for the future

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pseudolukian, Sep 18, 2017.

Share This Page

1. pseudolukian

By:pseudolukianSep 18, 2017

I have some ideas what i personally miss at the welcome area and i would expect to find here as a new user:

• Online Signs of Mentors who i can contact if i need help for example with the first steps inworld
    • Area where you see how its possible to shop inworld, for example some basic vendors with basic clothes, some signs who bring you in the store for example? Maybe also some Bots wearing the clothes for better decision what i love
    • Some Instruction signs for example first start with walking like the walking keys, quests are good but for some to complex to focus on that for first steps
    • Music and or Sounds in the background to make a better atmosphere but silent because they dont know allready how to reduce the volume
    What do you think about it?

Calum and ZareShadows like this.
  2. 8-bit Biologist

By:8-bit BiologistSep 18, 2017

I think these ideas are great! Mentors would be much needed. Also I find that Sine Space is very empty whenever I visit, afternoons here in EST in the US. So maybe mentors across a few time zones.

Simple instructions signs would be welcomed.

Also with AIs and chatbots becoming smarter and smaller, I would invite you to look into their use. A handful of NPCs with which you can interact and chat with naturally, that can offer some help and advice, would be a welcome addition and available 24/7

pseudolukian likes this.
  3. ZareShadows

By:ZareShadowsSep 21, 2017
    Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

Thanks for the feedback Pseudo, Adam, is working on a new version of the welcome region, some are already in there, we will try to add rest of these in future releases.

4. Torgon Woodget

By:Torgon WoodgetSep 23, 2017

For an AI / Chatbot helper system, maybe looking into Microsofts https://qnamaker.ai/ could be a fast and easy way to add one

ZareShadows and Adam like this.
  5. Adam

By:AdamSep 23, 2017
    Developer
    Staff Member Moderator

Huh, that's kinda neat.