1. The space forums use a separate registration system from the main virtual world. To comment on these forums, you need to create a separate forum account.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey there, if you want some direct help without hopping inworld - try our Discord channel at https://discord.gg/mptfycQ
    Dismiss Notice

What is the “Vlad” style?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by WinterRogue, Feb 23, 2019.

Share This Page

1. WinterRogue

By:WinterRogueFeb 23, 2019

Hi Spacers. Got another newbie question; What is the “Vlad” style of clothing that I see in the store and the design templates? I can understand the Pirate and party styles, but I am not familiar with Vlad, :)

2. Trilo

By:TriloFeb 27, 2019

Vlad isn't a particular style of clothing or design. My understanding is that SineSpace obtained a complete outfit of items from a contractor named Vlad a couple years ago. They've used various pieces in tutorials over the years, plus made the items available as part of the free clothing templates to help creators get started. In addition, SineSpace also competes against creators by offering their own products in the shop (though they rarely bother with descriptions). I believe their intention was to show more assortment in the shop, but unfortunately I think it mostly serves to discourage new creators.

3. Trilo

By:TriloFeb 27, 2019

Makers who've signed up for the creator program (and installed Unity) can get the vlad outfit items free from the SineSpace wiki. You can then use your software of choice to re-texture as you like, and use Unity to upload them to SineSpace.

Normally, when using models from the internet for use in SineSpace, the items must be substantially your own work or you need to obtain permission from the creator to use their intellectual property. With the items posted on the wiki, the company gives creators permission to make, use, and even sell their own versions in SineSpace (though in addition to their cut of your revenues, you'd also be competing with listings they sell under their own brand name).