1. The space forums use a separate registration system from the main virtual world. To comment on these forums, you need to create a separate forum account.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey there, if you want some direct help without hopping inworld - try our Discord channel at https://discord.gg/mptfycQ
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Report ZipException: Compressed size exceed maximum value.

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Lex4art, Apr 10, 2018.

Share This Page

1. Lex4art

By:Lex4artApr 10, 2018

Got this error while trying to send my level from editor:
    Zip limits error.png

Source files for this level (mostly 4K .png textures and some cubemaps) may be around 5GB.

2. Trilo

By:TriloApr 11, 2018

Unless you've got a specially negotiated plan set up, I believe the upload cap is just over 2GB.

3. Lex4art

By:Lex4artApr 11, 2018

Those 5GB are unprocessed data - I've set crunch for half of those textures plus other server-side compression procedures and it will be around 2.5-3GB in viewer; hardware limit for processed data is 4GB as far as I know.
    If nothing can be done here for a while it will be good to know exact limit for upload size. If it's around 4GB I can try to ditch some materials from map to fit in. If it's around 2GB I guess there is only option to split my map in 2 or 3 separate locations but this is a lot of work to do...

Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
  4. Adam

By:AdamApr 12, 2018
    Developer
    Staff Member Moderator

Hey Lex,

Currently we do cap uploads at 2GB, but I am going to expand that limit now to 8GB - however region plans are still capped at 2GB for the minute, so pushing this content live is going to be a fun exercise.

I'll leave crunching/compressing to you...

Lex4art likes this.